Total Page Views

Friday, May 28, 2010

School = $$$, Both In and Out

Well, I have signed and accepted a $12,000 loan to transfer to Indiana University Southeast and finish out my degree. I guess I should be pretty excited about it, though I'm looking at it from a more cynical perspective and realizing that it is MORE debt to my already overwhelming load. The unfortunate thing about attaining a degree in music composition is that the job market would require me to seek out a masters degree and potentially a doctorate before I could even hope to establish a career for myself. I am also making the decision to leave a job that is paying my bills faster than they've ever been paid, which begs the question - is this the 'smart decision'? I'm not going to lie - I already hate working in the food industry. It's frustrating, people are too picky, employees hate their jobs no matter what you do, and every day I come home smelling like fried food. I really don't want to do this job for the rest of my life, therefor I am aiming towards a job/career that I know that I will always enjoy. Is there anything wrong with that?

I really wish I could just win the lottery - or an ample amount of funds somehow - and this wouldn't even be an issue anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment