Total Page Views

Friday, April 16, 2010

Pineapple

I apologize that it has been a while since I have updated my blog, but there is really one word that can sum up how I feel about the past three months: Pineapple. OK....that word is actually very meaningless to the events that have happened recently, but its still a mildly humorous word if you say it over and over again. I think that it is the actual fruit that is even more amusing because it doesn't taste anything like an apple (or pine for that matter) and people seem to use it for just about any food creation these days. Do you know people put pineapples on pizza? Sounds weird....but in fact its a very common topping for american pizza franchises now. Unripe pineapples can give you the runs.....that's definitely an interesting fact about pineapples.

I hated pineapples with a passion growing up.....

And now......the past three months' 'pineapples'.

Pineapple #1. I managed to place 4th in the Humboldt composition contest. Not too shabby for my first competition. Cheap bastards didn't award me any money, though. (That's meant as a joke....I apologize if its not funny.)

Pineapple #2. I have published another successful marching band show at Impact Marching. "Joy! Reconstructed" is my third show and will be premiered by Harrah High School Marching Band in Oklahoma in the fall. It's a feel good show inspired by familiar tunes - I apologize to Bach, Beethoven, and Haydn in advance, however if you feel so inclined to do so you may listen to the recording at www.impactmarching.com.

Pineapple #3. Morgan RV Resorts didn't let me finish even a year at Indiana Beach and gave me my notice of termination (along with three maintenance, which came as a shock to the majority of the staff. I guess Morgan RV doesn't think that rides operation, rides maintenance and cleanliness are necessary in order to run a successful theme park.

Pineapple #4. I moved back to Lexington and now have a job training to be a manager at Applebee's. I know you all will want to come visit MY neighborhood!

Pineapple #5. I will be going back to school but this time at Indiana University Southeast and going after a degree in composition. And to think, Hoosier Hysteria thought they could get rid of me that easily? HA!


Interesting personal fact about me: I hate pineapples, but pineapple lifesavers are my favorite flavor.

You're craving pineapples now, ain't you?



1 comment:

  1. Good luck with everything! F the RV place!

    I love Pineapples!

    Vic

    ReplyDelete