Total Page Views

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Chuck Norris Approved This Blog

Every great blog deserves a picture of Chuck Norris.

Because I know you all LOVE hearing about it I'll be sure to start off today's blog talking about the Casey Anthony murder trial and the verdict of 'Not Guilty'. (Story)

I was as shocked as everyone when they announced that she was found not guilty, however it is understanding if they feel that their evidence does not prove that a person is guilty of murder. Since they were seeking the death penalty, it was crucial that they got it right and the slightest 'hole' in the evidence would have maintained her image as innocent in the matter. It's unfortunate, because many people believe there is enough pointing in her direction - and the fact that she was found guilty of lying really makes you wonder how trustworthy she really is - to convict her of the murder charges, and sadly Caylee Anthony has yet to receive justice for this tragedy.

The most troubling for me is seeing the numerous people on facebook pouring out there hearts to a girl they never knew, and only knew of her existence through the media. Children are abused and murdered every day but I wonder how many people that are posting their 'support' for the Anthony family have ever donated money or publicly supported a cause to stop child abuse. Sometimes I really feel like people use these events to brighten their own image, and sometimes that can be bothersome.

On a lighter note, I was rather amused by this picture posted on facebook following the trial verdict.

My bank account is dangerously low right now. And yes....I mean Housefly emerging from wallet low. I would attest it to my poor handling of finances, but I think its more due to the fact that I haven't been working the hours I've needed to ensure I can pay my monthly bills and afford to eat every day. Part of the problem is the Community Advisor Job. I'm on call three to four days a week and don't get paid anything extra in terms of weekly pay. Sure, I get the free housing...but at the same time if I didn't have the CA job I could be working 40+ hours a week and living in apartment in which I'd be making enough to pay rent and my bills. Aside from the three or four days on call, I have events and meetings that sometimes get in the way of my work hours as well. So yes, as much as I enjoy the free housing sometimes this CA job can really be a bother.

That being said, if you would like to donate to the "Save Peter from Going Broke" fund, feel free to go to my paypal account at PeterJFelice@msn.com. :)

I don't need a pat on the back. I need a friggin bonus!!! That's one of the biggest problems I have with the job market. Corporate America prides themselves on written compliments and stupid rewards because they are cheap and sometimes free. But you really wanna motivate your team? Make sure they have what they NEED to get the job done. Make sure you are always available to help and aren't hiding in an office somewhere waiting for t
he day to end.

A good friend and co-worker from my Six Flags days once said that we should spend LESS money on stupid rewards that will sit in a closet and collect dust and spend more on buying umbrellas and water bottles for our hard-working employees that spend their day in the hot smoldering sun to ensure our Guests were enjoying themselves. What a GREAT idea. It's a shame some drama happened while I was in northern Indiana and now none of my friends from that place talk to him.

If mainstream workers really are the 'backbone' (ever tried living without a backbone?) of a corporation, then why the hell would you treat them like garbage? People seem to forget it isn't just PRODUCT that businesses compete for these days.



I sure am glad that was an autocorrect snafu but then again there are sicker people in the world.

So I am off of my nightly routine of running and exercise but I feel its because I wore myself out playing volleyball and tennis over the holiday weekend. I was pretty sore yesterday, but feeling better today so when I leave work I'll probably plan on running a few miles. I've been on this kick every since my grandfather went into the hospital, but it makes no logical sense. My grandfather is 83.....I would not exactly consider that a young age to be hospitalized and potentially nursery home bound. Plus, if you know my dad you know that he is 61 and in the shape of a 35 year old. So really what it boils down to is that I am dissatisfied with the sloth lifestyle I am used to living and wanting to get myself back in shape. Only problem is, sometimes I feel as though its too late. Oh well...keep truckin I guess.

After jumping up around 20 cents over the weekend, which we all assumed was because it was a holiday weekend, gas jumped 20 cents again and is now back to living on the heels of the $4 mark. I laugh about the above picture, but in southern Indiana this is especially true. My last gallon of gas I spent $35. For $35 I can buy 11 of the tall 23 oz beers at applebees. But I don't need beer as much as I need gas, so you can see where all the frustration comes from.

Maybe we should go back to getting every where by 'Oregon Trail' wagons. That reminds me of a pretty funny video with Louis CK.....


I made the mistake of showing this to a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds in my lodge. Their 'meh' attitude towards the video made me realize how old I really am. But the best line ever should be the motto of Generation Y. "How quickly the world owed him something he only knew existed ten minutes ago."

I'm eating a bowl of oatmeal for the first time in 12 years. I just thought you all would enjoy hearing this.

And on that note, I am done with the blog writing today. Thanks for reading, but please please please comment.....I love comments because they make me feel as though my hour that I spend writing this damn thing has been worth it! Till next time.....peace!

(wait...does that mean there WON'T be peace when next time gets here?)

No comments:

Post a Comment