Total Page Views

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Can Count to Potato

For this morning - er - tonight's blog, I would like to first let my readers know that there are certain events in my personal life that I will not directly refer to in this blog. This is to protect the reputations of certain people who are involved in my life. So if I make an indirect reference, please do not ask who I am talking about because I indirectly referred to the situation for a reason. :)



While there are so many things to say about that photo, I think the given caption says enough.

Every so often in a man's life, he needs to take a few steps back and re-evaluate his friendships. He must ask himself what it really means to be a friend, and if the people who claim to be his friend aren't just doing that for some sort of extra security cushion in their life. The way you find out who your real friends are is to experience a crisis, lose someone close to you, etc. Then see who notices a change in you and is more interested in finding out why you've changed then they are being pissed off because you HAVE changed. I've recently lost someone very close because of a decision I made and I have no clue if I'll ever talk to this person again. I realized who my real friends were - the ones who noticed that I was in pain, and helped talk me through it. The ones that were more concerned with how I was feeling then they were of what was causing me to feel this way.

When you make a decision, even if friends don't like it they should support you and talk you through it. Not judge the situation based on the past and throw out smart-ass quips to try and make themselves feel better. I had people who I thought were my friends do that over the past few months, one of which didn't talk to me in two years - but felt he/she had a say in my life. Needless to say, I dropped them outta my life like a bad habit. That's the person I have become, and the reason that despite the 936 people who can view my facebook page - there are very few people I would honestly call friends.

The most interesting thing about that is that these same people are likely making assumptions that I am not in control of my life. Funny that they probably have no clue how the situation has changed, but yet I don't intend on allowing them back in my life.



Brilliant. And I've always thought about that myself.

So is anyone else concerned with what is going on with Iran? I was having a discussion with a buddy of mine the other day, and perhaps I don't know enough about the situation but it seems like we, the US, are in a pretty sticky situation. We are enemies with Iran, as is Israel. Israel is a powerful Allie for us that we do not want to lose. However, if we get involved with Iran we risk them using their nuclear weapons program on us. But maybe Obama thinks a few US city's downsized to rubble is worth the risk to fight terrorists?

There are other countries with nuclear programs, but I guess because we don't consider communism an immediate threat we are ok with letting North Korea have their program. And we are a democracy...no way we'd use our nukes against innocent people (cough cough hiroshema cough cough). Don't get me wrong......that was more the fault of the Japanese Government for being so stubborn. We know this.

The whole thing just terrifies me. Realistically, the only solution I can think of that would probably ensure our safety is if we destroyed Iran's program ourselves - but that's very unlikely. And down the road they'd probably retaliate with bigger and stronger weapons so I can't see how that'd be a good idea.


Not an auto-correct but OUCH. This is why you should never lie.....

text fail


The Louisville Cardinals are on a five game winning streak. They haven't really beaten anyone impressive, however downing the Uconn huskies by 21 points was still an impressive win. And keep in mind, the huskies are the defending national champions and have lost only a couple of players. When you beat a team with that much talent by that much, you are going to turn some heads.

Never really thought of it that way....

Anyway, that's it for today. Hope everyone has a great day today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment