Total Page Views

Monday, October 3, 2011

The Blog is BACK

THE F-SHARP BLOG IS BACK!

And guess what....this time I'm going to update it daily! Every morning before 10 am there WILL be an entry!

I promise.

It will happen.

It will be done.


I discovered a much easier way to get pictures on my blog. Apparently the right click/copy image option works wonders. I'm almost as excited as I was when I saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

I also just realize how ridiculously stupid that campaign slogan was. I mean....I know I always felt it was dumb, but seeing it like that reminds me how idiotic it was. Ok...so you can. Will you? Um....I think we can all answer that now, cause things don't really seem to be any better than they were...in fact they are worse. We are even more in debt, and closer to a depression.

So here's a good campaign slogan for the upcoming election....


Yes. I know...all you Obama supporters want to jump on this and talk about how great he is but your only defending argumentative statement is to say "he's better than Bush!" and even THAT is debatable. And I really don't see him winning the election in 2012 anyway. And I have a message for you blind O-Men...
But here is the REAL reason we can't get anything done in Washington.....


Ok.....I'm done with politics for the day.

And in Sports News......

The Colts are off to their worst start that I can remember....maybe Manning's first season as a Colt? They are 0-3...and it doesn't appear like they will be getting wins any time soon. With Peyton Manning, one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the game, being out with a neck injury it looks very grim. Although, Painter did get a decent Manning-ish drive against the Steelers, hes NOT Peyton Manning. The Colts have got to figure something out and soon....cause we know how Colts fans are.

Rough week for sports. The Louisville Cardinals lost to Marshall, a team they should not have lost to. I'm guessing they were struggling with the hangover from beating Kentucky two weeks ago. Charlie strong says it all.....



Yeah. He's pissed. As he should be.

damn you auto correct funny iphone fails and blunders

I spent 7 hours studying for a history exam yesterday, and I'm planning on studying for three more hours today. Sound excessive? Well, this test is over 10 chapters and includes 60 multiple choice, 10 identification questions, and 1 essay. I don't anticipate it being the easy test. I would rather take more tests than three if each test is going to have this much information on it. Yes...my mind feels kinda fried right now.

And now, a few explanations on why it is teachers drink, brought to you by www.stumbleupon.com.

Why Teachers Drink 3

Why Teachers Drink 13

Why Teachers Drink 15

Why Teachers Drink 23

The last one made me roll over laughing.

Rehearsals are underway for "Fantasy on an American Folk Hymn" The first rehearsal, the read through....well, it was pretty ugly. But make no mistake about, I didn't write an easy piece. The ensemble is still struggling with it, but they really are getting there. It's strange though.....I've been to rehearsals of my music before, but this is the first one where I really feel like a 'composer' who is wanting to make sure his baby is well taken care of. I guess I'm at the age of musical maturity to where I'm over the blind excitement that I'm having a piece premiered and now I'm focusing on making sure its premiered RIGHT. I feel much more comfortable walking around the room and helping the musicians understand the interpretation. The most satisfying thing to me is that everyone seems to really enjoy their part. As a composer, it is often times very difficult to give everyone a decent part and instruments are frequently ignored. I definitely consider that a success!


Though I've always thought about doing that, sadly I can't take credit for it.

So I spent half of my day with my ex-gf(yes, we are speaking to each other again but as friends now)for her birthday Saturday. I felt bad because she had a date cancel on her for family reasons, and since my plans cancelled on going to the game I thought it would be fun. Ain't I a nice guy. :) It had also dawned on me that despite our Grover Cleveland style relationship in the past, this was the first time we had seen each other on her birthday....and I've known her for 12 years. Anyway, it was a fun time even if she did whoop me in bowling. But hey....I'm in no way SAYING that I let her win, but if that thought happens to cross your mind then I can't be held responsible for those kinds of assumptions. :)

Well that about does it today. Remember that this will be a DAILY blog and I will be sure to update it every morning!

1 comment:

  1. You definitely did not let me win, I allowed you to lose with dignity :)

    ReplyDelete