Total Page Views

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's 8:30, I Have Homework Due at 11, and I Have Yet To Start


Morning world!

This is what I woke up to this early morning





Yes...the 3rd movement is ridiculously fast. We are playing the whole symphony in orchestra but right now we are taking this movement about 40 bpm slower than Mr. Bernstein decides to take it. But Bernstein, as we all know, was a crazy crazy man. He liked to conduct things fast. Needless to say, I love to listen to Sibelius symphony number 2 but as the illustrious third trombonist - it's not the most exciting piece to play. I'm not gonna lie - during rehearsal I spend most of my time trading dirty jokes with the tuba player or messing around on facebook mobile. When my phone broke last week, rehearsal was pretty rough.

Oh....I don't think I mentioned this before, but I got a new phone.

Pretty sweet, huh? Only bad thing is that my battery is not charging very fast and dies pretty quickly. I guess that means I should take it back and ask Verizon "What gives?" Verizon has been super cool with just about everything I've ever had to deal with. Certainly better service than AT&T or Sprint ever had. I mean....we know ALL phone companies are the devil, but its all about finding the one with the least amount of evil built in.

damn you auto correct funny iphone fails and blunders

Speaking of phones and crap, the iPhone5 was supposedly released yesterday. And people are already going nuts....and I have to ask WHY??? First of all, AT & T is a shitty service so unless you are getting an iPhone with Verizon's plan, which I'm still trying to figure how that works, then I greatly sympathize your choice. Secondly, with the iphone you are essentially paying a couple hundreds of dollars so you can legally call your phone an 'iphone'. There are other smartphones (and not just the droid) that are so much cheaper and can

do pretty much all you need it to do that the iPhone does.



You have to admire their honesty.


So in the sports world, it seems as though Missouri has decided to leave the Big 12 conference, leaving yet another open spot open in the thinned out conference thus increasing Louisville's chance of going to the Big 12. I think that would be a good move, because the Big 12 is the only conference who's key sports are equal in quality. I.E., they have as good of basketball programs as they do football programs. Yes, that is a bold claim when you talk about the Big 12 holding football dynasties such as Oklahoma and Texas, but they also have Kansas in basketball and even Texas has a good basketball program. I hope they make this decision soon cause us cards fans are getting pretty anxious!

It's not enough that he's been recruiting ineligible players - now Calipari is recruiting NBA players too?

All jokes aside, I would like to remind Mr. Corbett that predicting a team will go undefeated is a ridiculously claim considering only four programs have been able to accomplish that AND win the Tournament. Pop quiz: Who were those programs? (Hint, one of them did it four times)

The point being, Mr. Corbett, I know you love tasting that blue koolaid, but things happen and if you made that claim about an undefeated season the first loss is REALLY going to hurt. Plus, you have no clue who you will face in the tournament. And you have two legitimate threats on your regular season schedule: North Carolina and Louisville. You will probably go undefeated in that joke of a basketball conference called the SEC, I'll give you that. Last years team made it to the final four and had 9 losses. NINE. The team before that had a much better record and got beat by West Virginia in the elite 8. So tell me again...how are you so sure that this Kentucky team is going to go undefeated? Hopefully for your sake, Kentucky doesn't have any 'selfish mother f---ers' on the team this year, because that's worked well for them in the past.

CalMoney.jpg image by Hypertech_photos


Classic.

Well that's about it. Again, no politics in today's blog...consider that a blessing. Just some good ol' ranting and trashing of things I believe are a waste of people's time and money. iPhones and UK basketball. :)

And if you really want to read more, feel free to check out "The World Famous Mokracy Blog"

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, Will didn't predict we'd go undefeated. He said "if ever we have a chance to go undefeated, this is the season."

    See, all he's saying is that, unlike Louisville, who has zero chance of beating their own 3rd string cheerleaders in a pick-up game, UK is actually good. Really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually he has predicted they'd go undefeated and is a strong believer that they will.

    Louisville's basketball team is ranked #5 pre-season, with a top 10 recruiting class. I seriously think we will be fine.

    ReplyDelete